Thursday, June 12, 2008

My South America 2010 World Cup Qualifiers Picks

Here are my picks for the South America World Cup Qualifiers for this weekend.

Uruguay vs. Venezuela: Venezuela is a rising team. They proved that with a friendly win against Brazil. Uruguay is a good ball club. They are hoping to do better than the first round. I will pick Uruguay to win. They are a good ball club and will come out to play.

Peru vs. Columbia: Peru didn't play very well in the first round. Columbia has a pretty decent squad. I will pick Columbia to win this match.

Brazil against first place Paraguay: Brazil won of the top teams in the world will come out hungry against a good Paraguay squad. Brazil which had a shocking defeat in a friendly game against Venezuela. Brazil will come out hungry with full guns loaded. It will be a good squeaker game, I pick Brazil to edge Paraguay. The heat is on Brazil's coach.

Argentina vs. Ecuador: Number 1 team in the world against struggling Ecuador. Ecuador has a new Coach, it will be interesting to see the results. Argentina is coming off a shocking draw against the US. I don't think Argentina took US seriously enough not to take anything away from our draw. Argentina has some of the best players in the World on their squad and should beat Ecuador.

Bolivia vs. Chile: Last place Bolivia against Chile who has struggled. Chile has the better ball club which I think Chile will win this match.

Uruguay vs. Peru: Uruguay has the better ball club. Peru has not played that well. I pick Uruguay to win this match.

Bolivia vs. Paraguay: Worst against the best in the standings. Bolivia is not strong enough to handle Paraguay. Upsets can happen, I think Paraguay will come out as I do pick Paraguay to lose to Brazil. Paraguay to beat Bolivia.

Ecuador vs. Columbia: Nice match but Ecuador has not played that well. The heat will be on. Columbia is a fine club and will win this match.

Brazil vs. Argentina: What a smoker. Super Classic. Both teams fully loaded. I will actually pick this game to end in a draw as it will be a hard fought match on both sides.

Venezuela vs. Chile: The rising ball club Venezuela against Chile. I think this will be a hard fought game and will end in a draw.

I am making these picks without knowing who is hosting. I do know Bolivia is hosting Paraguay. I saw an article regarding the condition of the playing field.

No comments: